Dance has been Alyssa’s passion and focus since she was two years old. She is trained in jazz, tap, ballet, contemporary, lyrical, hip hop and competed in these styles with On Stage Dance Studio for 10+ years. She has won numerous awards and scholarships for dance and drama.
Alyssa has grown up at On Stage Dance Studio and is proud to call it her second home. At On Stage, she learned the importance of family, teamwork and commitment. She has always aspired to be a teacher and thanks to On Stage her dream has come true. Alyssa began assisting in classes, summer camps and birthday parties at the age of ten and she became one of the first Mentors at fifteen. In the mentorship program, Alyssa gained the experience and the skills necessary to prepare her for teaching dance. She is thrilled to share her love for dance with others and is excited to see this love grow in her students.
- 15+ years of dance training in jazz, tap, ballet, hip hop, contemporary and lyrical
- 5 years of assisting dance and 3 years of the mentorship program and On Stage Dance Studio
- Completed Intermediate level of Ballet examination with the Society of Russian Ballet
- Canadian Dance Expo, 2017 and Step Up Hip Hop Dance Company, 2012
St Michael CSS Dance Team leader and co-choreographer, 2014-2018
- Open Mike Studio Choreographer 2014-2018
- 10 years of Theatre Training and leadership with Play On… Drama, St. Michael CSS (Arts and Culture Major) Stratford Community Players
- Numerous overall awards for competitive dance
- Numerous choreography awards for high school dance competitions with
- St. Michael Dance Team, 2014-2018
- St. Michael Dance Award, 2014-2018 and Artist of the year, 2018
- National Theatre School Drama Festival, Top Choreography, 2018
- Ballet Jorgen’s The Nutcracker, 2013